Sunday, March 2, 2008

Purple Cabbage

This is one of my favorite photographs. The element of surprise is often in play when taking pictures. This is a purple cabbage. I place them in my window boxes in the Fall. They are grown in a beautiful creamy, white, with the deep green leaves around the many layers of the cabbage to frame them. And, of course, you have all seen them, there is the purple variety. The colors are so rich and the cabbages so hearty, that they have lasted well into February. This picture reminds me of an underwater plant. A rich seaweed, something that you might find in the Pacific, maybe in the waters near Hawaii. Maybe I just want to be in the waters near Hawaii right now. I love that you can take a picture of something we think we know, and there it is, 'surprise!', it looks like something else completely.....amazing. You can find this in my Etsy shop!

2 comments:

Callooh Callay said...

Amy, this is beautiful! I took a lot of pictures of moss yesterday--could look at it forever.

TexasTesla said...

You have a wonderful blog - so colorful and fun to read!