Saturday, March 8, 2008

Knight in Shining Armour




















This magnificent knight in shining armour, sitting atop this majestic horse is found in the American Wing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I took this picture for sentimental reasons a couple of summers ago. My husband and I were in New York visiting Mom when Edward was at camp. When my son was in 4th grade (now a college freshman), he and Julia (if you're reading this, hi Jules!!) and I, spent the afternoon at the museum. Sketchbooks in hand, we made ourselves comfy on the floor of the museum. There are always artists of ALL ages sketching throughout the museum. Edward, the budding artist was getting frustrated with himself, wanting to do his best job. AHHH, the perfectionist at the tender age of 9...well, at least with his artwork. He finally quieted himself down and drew the picture posted above (in close-up), which is still, these many years later, my favorite of all his drawings.

No comments: