Sunday, December 6, 2009

Twice Told Tales




































I have been selling my cards to stores...locally for right now. It doesn't get any more New England charming than our little Pawtuxet Village. I mentioned it's wonderful history in a previous post, 'Antique Haven'. Now, we have 'Twice Told Tales'!!. Karen Calkins, the owner, has squeezed more things in this space than seems humanly possible. She sells used, rare and out of print books, hence, the name of the store, (or is it in reference to Nathaniel Hawthorne's book of the same title?) but there is so much more! She sells cards galore, children's handmade clothes, sweaters, children's books, games of old, jewelry, women's clothes and handmade bags, papers, wrapping and otherwise, boxed stationary, handmade fudge, Christmas ornaments, candles, Rhode Island memorabilia. You get the picture. She bought all but 4 from my entire collection, and put out a few, for now. So enjoy my view of 'Twice Told Tales'. You can find Karen and her store at 2210 Broad Street, Warwick, RI. 401-785-9599

3 comments:

kml said...

It sounds so charming - a place that would be a joy to visit!

She realizes the quality of your work, and scoffed them right up. Good for you!!

Wish you both the best during this holiday season and beyond!!

Azure Accessories said...

What a grand looking store...just the kind of shop I would love to browse...smart lady carrying your wonderful cards!!!

Cheers

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Yes, Kathy, it is very charming, warm, creative...an eye full...I am very happy to have my cards there...I sit in excellent company...this is where I went before I started making my own cards!!!

Again, a blessed and joyous Holiday season to you and your family!!

Yup, Heather, you would have a field day in 'Twice Told Tales'...local 'art', fits right into her shop...and yes, I agree, she's one smart gal...:))))