Friday, December 7, 2012

Remembering Mable...


She was not my dog. She was the baby girl of my brother and sister-in-law. I did a portrait of Murray, her older brother, and the Twins, when the girls were 10 or 11. They are now 24. Mable was front and center, paw forward, very regal. Sadly, Mable went to 'doggie heaven' on Tuesday night, w/ Murray there to greet her I am sure. When my brother called, the 'Hello' let me know something was wrong. I could not speak. My tears flowed freely. She was not my dog, but she was a member of my family and my heart broke for the loss. I am still getting welled up. The bottom pic of my niece, was the day of Mom's funeral, later in the day back @ my brother's house. And the other, well, clearly, they were both just puppies.

'And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game.'

No comments: