Friday, February 1, 2013

The Burn Scar has a Heart!

It snowed earlier in the week and it is the first time since the wild fires in Waldo Canyon last June, that the burn scar was really covered in snow...well, at least w/in my sight. The scar is the color of charcoal...very very dark. Looking north, it goes on and on for miles. The contrast of the rolling hills, the canyon and mountains which were burnt, and the fresh fallen snow, is simply black and white. I literally had to pull over while driving to take some pics because it was so beautiful. Little did I know, until I came home, looked on the camera, downloaded the pics to my computer did I see what to me, was clearly a heart! Nobody created this, it just 'happened', and my oh my what an inspiration. The canyon lost so much, families lost everything, and a couple, even their lives. A clear sign, if you will, as families are rebuilding their homes and their lives, that there is love up there on Waldo Canyon...awesome, absolutely awesome!!!

' Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy.' Psalm 98:8

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Very surprising photos...can't tell where that heart is w/out the snow cover!!!...looking forward to printing them out...:))

FFXI GIL said...

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing

FFXI GIL
billig gw2 gold
wt