Sunday, October 20, 2013

We Are Soaking it All In...


Looking into Garden of the Gods Park from the outer walking/bike path...
A very small portion of the damage from the recent floods...the water carved out a new river bed...
 We are soaking in as much as we can of this colorful Autumn. Last week, Mueller State Park. Yesterday, one of our many walks in Garden of the Gods National Park. It was a beautiful day. The sun is still warm and with barely a cloud in the sky, it was a great day to be outside. We stayed on the outer perimeter of the park, which is good for bikers and is not 'in the woods'. We are still seeing some incredible damage from the floods. The powerful force of the water carved out a new terrain in the lower outer edge of the park, and clean-up continues. Jimmy is used to me lagging behind to take photos as we go, and the space we give one another is appreciated. We are still walking together. I never quite know what the pics will look like until I get them up on the computer at which point I can see the vistas with a fresh eye and awe strikes my soul yet again. I am grateful that my range has broadened from so many macro shots to the expansive landscape set before me.

'Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy.'
Psalm 98:8

No comments: