Sunday, August 10, 2014

August, So Far!


August 1, 8:15PM
August 2, 6;50AM
August 5, 8:30AM
August 5, 8:01PM
August 9, 7:50PM
 There are wars and rumors of wars, children are dying on mountainsides and in cities, close to home and across the ocean, planes are falling out of the sky, people are sick w/ deadly viruses, not to mention cancer and other terrible diseases. There remains such frightening gun violence in this country, so many injustices. This is really too much for the central nervous system to handle. However, the sun still rises in the East and sets in the West, the moon still has phases and quarters. So from sunset of August 1, to last night's Super moon, I am extraordinarily grateful to have captured some of the beauty of the rising and setting of the sun, the crescent moon, turning, just a week or so later, into a Super summer moon, and the true gift of a double rainbow...the Promise lives!

This is a song we sang every Sabbath evening @ camp in the Berkshires. I was there from the time I was 5 until I was 15, for 2 months, every summer. I was taking a long walk the other night, and these beautiful words came welling up, and out of me!

'The Lord of all does reign supreme
Ere yet this world was made and formed.
When all was finished by His will,
Then was His name as King proclaimed

And should these forms no more exist,
He still will rule in majesty.
He was, He is, He shall remain;
His glory never shall decrease.

And one is He, and none there is
To be compared or joined to Him.
He ne’er began, and ne'er will end,
To Him belongs dominion’s power.

He is my God, my living God;
To Him I flee when tried in grief;
My banner high, my refuge strong,
Who hears and answers when I call.

My spirit I commit to Him,
My body, too, and all I prize;
Both when I sleep and when I wake,
He is with me, I shall not fear.'

No comments: