Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Daniel...(Again)



I painted (copied) the Prophet, 'Daniel' in 1987 (mixed media, I used everything) for an off Broadway production on his life, called 'El Shaddai'. El Shaddai is conventionally translated as God Almighty. According to Exodus 6:2, 3, Shaddai (שַׁדַּי) is the name by which God was known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The name Shaddai is again used as a name of God later in theBook of Job. 

For all these many years, I had this, the printers copy of 'Daniel', safely tucked away in my portfolio. However, recently, like a burst of light, that small voice said, bring it out, this is frame worthy. So, after some trial and error, I found that I was able to have beautiful copies made at, of all places, Kinko's. And into 2 frames 'Daniel' landed. One for me and the other for the author of 'El Shaddai', C.B. Murray 4th.

 'Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'
Matthew 5:16

No comments: