Wednesday, October 29, 2014

12 Mile Stables


Sweet volunteer w/ one of the horses...
My new Friend w/ the braid...
that face....
Grazing, w/ Denver and the Rockies in the background...
Friends....
I have seen them from the house, they have literally been on the other side of the fence on more than one occasion. However, yesterday was a 'sweater weather' kind of day, and my first day of walking w/out flip flops. Yes, I put my sneakers on.(This is rare.) I knew it was the day I was going to meet the horses. We crossed through another path in the park, which took us to the back side of the 'Dog Off Leash Area'. We are greeted by enthusiastic, energetic, happy dogs of every size, shape, 'variety'. Lots of unexpected kisses and licks and then, they quickly move on to the next adventure. We love this. The horses, the '12 Mile Stables', are right there; separating the dogs from the horses is yet another fence. We have to leave the dog park and walk up the dirt road to enter into the stables. It feels so so quiet. There are about 30-40 horses, I think. I was met by a sweet young lady, who volunteers, and she gave me the green light to wander, take my time w/ my meet and greet. Many of the horses were around a couple of different watering holes, and/or grazing on some well placed grass or feed. The white horse w/ the braid stole my heart. We spent some time sizing one another up, and in the short run, I think it was a good first meeting...she came very close, and kept a steady gaze. I wish I had some apples or food to give her. Maybe next time. This is a perfect time of the year to ride, when it is not blazing hot out. We simply have to call, and make a reservation. So, next time, some pics from the saddle. And, great news, my back is better. Most thankfully, pain just ebbed away...moving right along....

No comments: