Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's a Vase, No, It's a Puzzle, No, It's a Vase...

'Tis the season!! We have Chanukah, Christmas, Jimmy's birthday and mine all in less than 2 weeks of one another!!! That's allot of celebrating!!! What a wonderful thing to come home to a package, w/ my name on it from National Geographic. 'Did I order something and forget that I ordered something?', was my first thought, as there were 2 other packages @ the front door. Much to my surprise, it was a gift from my friend Suzie. She knows me all too well, and ordered this wonderful, 3D puzzle/vase/ (it really works), which is also very beautiful! I opened it up, and the delicate pieces feel like fine porcelain! Here is what National Geographic has to say about the puzzle:

'Archaeologists assemble fragments of evidence sometimes literally to give us a clearer picture of the human past. This unique 3-D puzzle vase is created in the same spirit of focusing on the parts to better understand the whole. Assembling the 160 curved plastic pieces is a challenge for any puzzle fan, and requires an artist's eye as well as an engineer's sense of problem solving. When you're finished, a watertight insert lets you use your creation as a vase. Includes a decorative display stand.'

W/ this thoughtful gift, many bases of things which I love, have been covered! So, thank you Suz!!! Will take another pic when it is finished and full, probably w/ a philodendron which so easily grows roots!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

How cool! I love love love this!! What a great gift, enjoy it!

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Thank you my Stacie...I was most surprised by the 'feel' of the pieces...so NOT pressed cardboard๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Heather said...

Wow...what a great idea, and pretty too! Enjoy working on it Amy! It was nice to have you stop by...

Take care my friend...H

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Heather๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒžYay, so nice that YOU stopped by...I look @"all your posts...so so beautiful...you have my empathy for the 'Frozen Fog'...had never heard of it nor seen it, until we moved Colorado...WHO KNEW??? Have a joyous and blessed Christmas my Friend๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–