Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Arabian Horse and The Eagle...

We were told that they were near, and that sometimes, you might catch a glimpse of one in Cherry Creek State Park. No, it is not the coyote. However, it does apply to the Arabian horses and the eagles. There is a lovely, large piece of property down the road a piece, w/ what looks like a riding arena, a huge structure and 3 beautiful homes which are all part of the 'ranch, if you will. We had the ear of one of our neighbors, and asked about that property, what is it, we wanted to know. Turns out, the owner of a famous restaurant chain owns the property along w/, of all things,  Arabian horses. We were also told that sometimes, they will take the horses out in the park along the riding/walking paths. Well, lo and behold, just like w/ the coyote I saw for the first time last week, no one had to tell me that this was one of the Arabian horses!!! I just knew. It was regal, and its head was elongated. I love walking on the dirt paths in the park (vs. the concrete), there are more hills, and I love the feel of the earth under my flip flops. The horse and rider literally appeared before me as they were coming up the trail! Ohmygoodness! I pulled out my camera, asked if I could take some pics, and the rider, w/out stopping, said, yes, of course! I had prayed to see and to photograph these horses, so, here I was, almost face to face w/ this most special and beautiful  horse. Would I love to somehow, get into that arena to take allot of pics of these gorgeous creatures? But of course. In the meantime, an answer to prayer. And the eagles, well, we were told that they were near, and that you might catch a glimpse of one, 2 or 3 in the park. Jimmy spotted him/her first. I gingerly got out of the car, and gingerly walked over to the tree w/ the perched eagle, seriously hoping he/she would not look @ me and think, 'lunch'!! A golden moment capturing this shot. (All leading me to wanting to upgrade my camera, yet again!) We know where the nest is now, so, we will go back again and again. So, YAY to Arabian horses, eagles and yes, even the coyotes!!

'The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.' 
                                                                                                 Proverbs 21:31

'But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.'
                                                                                             Isaiah 40:31

No comments: