Friday, March 2, 2018

A Joyful Announcement!!


I received an Instagram message around mid-December from The Marina at Cherry Creek saying that they loved my photos, the Pelicans, to be specific, and that they would like to hang some of the pics in the Lake House event center. Well, earlier this week, I met with Erik Dyce, the CEO of Vencore Marine Group, and we have agreed to partner up. I am excited about this new adventure/venture and to see my photography being displayed (and sold) in such a beautiful venue. 

A statement from Erik:

'Pelican Bay at Cherry Creek in Cherry Creek State Park is delighted to partner with Amy Lilley – renowned photographer who has brought her unique talents to Colorado.  Her intimate relationship with the White Pelican, native to Cherry Creek Reservoir, is a stunning study in art and the science of this unique bird.  Pelican Bay is named for these magnificent creatures who feature wing spans up to six feet. At any given time you may see well over 100 Pelicans at The Marina at Pelican Bay, perched on the breakwater around the Marina, or out in the Stump Area on the South side of the Reservoir. Their sweet group behavior is something to witness.

Amy’s photos will be featured in and around Pelican Bay at Cherry Creek as well as for sale at certain select events.  We welcome these treasures and so should you!'
The Lake House and Marina...from the park side.
The Lake House from the kayak..
And from waaaay across the far side of the lake, looking toward the Rockies and the Marina...
Another shot from the park side.. 
Up close at The Marina..
Although it looks different now, this is where it all started for me, with a simple kayak rental..
Late December, The Marina..
Last Winter as a storm was getting ready to blow in..
The lovely entrance to The Lake House...taken today..
What is so amazing to me is that from a simple kayak rental 3 summers ago, to purchasing my own  Pelican kayak and spending so much time on the lake, doing what I love to do...not just taking pics of the Pelicans, Herons, the turtles, fish and other wildlife, but spending all that quiet time on the lake, the activity of paddling when the lake was smooth as glass or in some very challenging weather situations, to creating the Pelican calendar, and then having Erik look at me and say, 'I have never seen anything like your work before.' Is this not what, as artists (all inclusive, writers, poets, actors, dancers, etc.,) we dream of? I acknowledged that this is a gift, the eye which has been given to me. So, this is my joyful announcement. I look forward to sharing with all of you, over the next few months, as the Pelicans find their rightful place all over The Lake House!!

The morning after I met with Erik, I woke up, and the only thing I could think of was how much I wanted to call Mom, and I cried...

 'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.'

3 comments:

Stacie said...

How wonderful!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. God has blessed you with such a wonderful talent. My heart breaks with you and wanting to call your Mom. She is with you. Love and hugs

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Thank you my Stacie, I am so deeply blessed and grateful that the Lord has put us in such a place where my eye and vision have been able to grow in almost unimaginable ways!!! And thank you for your compassion, big love to the moon and back💞💞💞

Village Talkies said...

Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.