Monday, December 5, 2011

WillOaks Studio


With my impending move, I have stepped back from my own Holiday sales (short of the show on the 10th), and I thought it would be nice to share some of my favorite pieces from some of the gifted artists I have met on the blogs and on Etsy.

Meet Karen from the gorgeous WillOaks Studio:
''After many years of wandering the U.S. and the world, I landed back where I began: on the family farm here in northern Illinois. It’s so beautiful here and nature has long inspired and informed my artwork in many media: sculpture, papermaking, photography, and for the past few years-wearable art. WillOaks is the name of my studio, and our farm & campground.
Wearable art has been a natural extension for me because I loved to wear jewelry. Making it to suit my vision and ideas has been fascinating. Most of my pieces are original because that's how I think....and I am happy to share them with anyone who would like to be different from "the crowd."
(click on photos for prices)

3 comments:

Azure Islands Designs said...

Lovely pieces...simple but definitly make a statement! My kind of jewelry!

Cheers

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Yes, Heather, I think these pieces are definitely right up your alley...and a good woman, like you...XXXXXXX

Sandra said...

Hello, Amy--it was nice to meet you on the plane to Denver a few weeks ago. Linking from your site here, I did find that artificial-pancreas update info you mentioned. Thanks again for the advocacy work you do! Good luck with the move to CO. P.S. Your cat looks exactly like one of our two.
Sandra