Sunday, February 22, 2015

So, This Happened...DIY!!!

 2 cups of flour, 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, whisk eggs and oil while including the flour until it becomes a ball. Knead by folding and pushing for about 5-10 minutes. I had to add a little extra oil, because it felt too dry.
 I put the dough in a bowl  then covered w/ a dishtowel and let it rest for 30 minutes. I cut it into 4 sections. This will make 1 pound of pasta, or 4 servings (or if you want more or less, of course).
 JUST as I had the flour, eggs and oil mixture sitting there, I realized that I did not have a rolling pin. I can see one in my head. Is it packed away, was it distributed to my brother or nieces. Either way, necessity being the true mother of invention, I began to scout the kitchen. The olive jar, nope too small, the olive oil jar, nope too big, a glass, nope too dangerous. Alas, after giving it a good wash, the empty coconut water can. Perfect!! It worked, whew!! Buy a rolling pin, check..
 I rolled out the singe portion of the dough w/ the can on the floured surface as thin as I could.
Then, I 'jelly' rolled it, getting ready for cutting...
 Rolled up..
 ...and cut...
 ...and nested...so pretty..
 Single portion...
 After boiling for less than 2 minutes, right into the pan w/ the awaiting sauce...already prepped. Turned off the heat, added some parm...
And, taaaaa daaaaa...it was SO GOOD!!! I put the 3 other pieces in the fridg and will roll out, cut and cook today. It was easy, fun...the games have officially begun!
YAY!

No comments: