Thursday, August 6, 2015

Light, Space & Time, On-Line Art Gallery

I received an email a couple of weeks ago from my friend Suzie. She thought that I might be interested in entering an on-line nature, photo contest from the Light, Space and Time On-Line Art Gallery. Light Space & Time conducts monthly themed online art competitions.  The winning artwork is promoted through the gallery to over 39,000 visitors and receives over 66,000 Page views each month.   News of each winning artist’s participation is also emailed to the over 7,000 thousand gallery owners, corporate art representatives and decision makers in the fine arts field, who subscribe to their bulletins. I enter 'challenges' all the time through Twenty20. I find these challenges to be very subjective, but it is great exposure, and on occasion, one of my pics will wind up in the top 20, which is always fun. I see the most beautiful pics every single day from all over the world on Instagram, and on Twenty20. There are over 300 million users on Instagram alone. The only other time I have heard 300 million used in a sentence, was in reference to the age of the rocks in Garden of the Gods National Park! There are around 45 million users on Twenty20. So, recognition in this day and age is a moment to rejoice! Very hard to choose, I thought, but I narrowed it down to 2 pics. The gallery received 660 entries from 22 different countries from around the world, including Australia, Barbados, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal,  Qatar, Saint Maarten, Singapore, Spain,  Thailand, and the United Kingdom.  In addition, the gallery received entries from 36 different states.  Well, lo and behold, I received notice that one of my photos received a 'Special Recognition' nod, in the photography category. The 2nd pic was recently nominated to be included in the 'Signature Collection', on Twenty20, and was accepted!
"Pending Storm', Centennial, Co., Special Recognition
'Mother and Child', NYC, Signature Collection, Twenty20

'Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; Sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.'    Psalm 33:2-3
                                                                                                         

No comments: