Friday, November 18, 2016

Reflections II 2017, The Calendar


It happened quickly. The inspiration to create a 2017 calendar came upon me, and within a couple of days, it was finished. The kinks had been worked out from the REFLECTIONS, Jewish Calendar, I had some new photos to add, prayed about what scriptures the Lord would have me to use in this critical hour, got back in touch with Jonathan, from Mixbook, (his customer service was so excellent, he was an important reason I have called on Mixbook a second time, along with the rich quality of the finished product), ordered 1 copy to proof, and I was on my way. I received my copy yesterday, and this is why it is a must when publishing anything, to have that all important, 1 copy. All of the pictures, front and back covers, were 'auto-enhanced'. This is a feature which Mixbook offers, but it is one which I do not choose, as I have done all the editing on the photos. Thankfully, I was able to take side by side pics from the Jewish calendar and send them off to Jonathan, along with previous e-mails, confirming that the auto-enhance was not to be applied. I had some minor changes to be made with type size and my back cover statement. Jonathan and I worked everything out, and I placed my order. I am not sure when the calendars will be arriving, probably after Thanksgiving, so I have listed them in my Etsy shop as, 'Pre-order REFLECTIONS II 2017' Limited Edition. So, Psalm 46, and for the month of December, 1 verse from the Book of Isaiah! Whew....


'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.'
                                                                                                               Psalm 46

No comments: